By Marissa Witkovsky-Eldred
FaithX invites college-age young adults (high school graduates to age 23) to join a new short-term service opportunity during the spring of 2023. This exciting trip on March 11-16, 2023, will partner with SPARK in Winston-Salem, N.C., to help neighbors in need and spread kindness in the community.
Registration is now open at www.brethren.org/faithx and will close on Feb. 10, 2023.
SPARK is a nonprofit organization that designs and hosts cause-driven service experiences for youth and young adults. SPARK was founded by Church of the Brethren member Amber Harris, who serves as executive director and guides SPARK’s mission of sharing Christ’s love not only as people engaged in serving neighbors, but also as people who fiercely advocate for justice.
Participants in this FaithX spring break trip will come together with other non-Brethren participants to experience relationship-building, education, story-telling, and service, alongside formerly or currently homeless individuals. Housing, food, and transportation during the trip are included in the registration fee. To learn more and register, visit www.brethren.org/faithx.
— Marissa Witkovsky-Eldred is interim coordinator of Short Term Service for Brethren Volunteer Service and the Church of the Brethren. FaithX (formerly the Workcamp Ministry) is a ministry offering short-term service opportunities.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public
Please pray… For the FaithX spring trip with SPARK to Winston-Salem, N.C.