The Church of the Brethren Yearbook offers extensive information about the denomination and congregations.
Map of congregations -“Find a church”
To see a list of all congregations in alphabetical order, click on the box with an arrow at the top left of the map, next to “Church of the Brethren Congregations”. Then click the small arrow under the red check box. You can then search by name using the search (“Find”) function of your browser. This is often found by clicking the three dots or lines at the very top right of the browser.
If you need assistance finding a congregation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesus in the neighborhood: updates from congregations
- Elizabethtown addresses “Christian Nationalism”Elizabethtown Church of the Brethren ran a full-page advertisement in the Sunday edition of the Lancaster, Pa., newspaper titled “The Perils of Christian Nationalism.”
- Jesus Lounge Ministry supports youthJesus Lounge Ministry has partnered with the Student Life Alliance and the Delray Beach Library “Let’s Talk Period” program to support at-risk teens and tweens with hygiene and feminine hygiene kits.
- Curryville pastor adds Dunker donkeysCurryville Church of the Brethren pastor Chris Heinlein and his wife, Kathy, recently took in two white donkeys after their previous owners were no longer able to care for them.
- Fairview renovates buildingFairview Church of the Brethren recently underwent a $1.5 million renovation to add more space, a baptismal pool, a larger kitchen and dining area, classrooms, elevator, and more.
- Woodbury commissions stained glass windowWoodbury Church of the Brethren has a new stained-glass piece made by local artists
- Whitestone hosts VBSWhitestone Church of the Brethren hosted a Vacation Bible School with a family-based format that could bring family groups to the church to play together.
- Hanover installs AEDHanover (Pa.) Church of the Brethren recently received a grant from the Brethren Faith in Action Fund to purchase and install an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Papago Buttes holds community eventsPapago Buttes Church of the Brethren held a Trunk-or-Treat even in October and plans a Christmas Eve service for their community.
- Wildwood reaches outWildWood Gathering recently received a grant to enhance the way it supports, engages, and evangelizes within its community.
- Live Oak celebrates Season of CreationLive Oak Church of the Brethren spent a month focusing on care for creation, culminating with a blessing of the animals.
- Creekside ministry says “Bee kind!”Creekside Church of the Brethren’s Bee Team raises awareness about food insecurity and pollination.
Messenger “Small churches, big hearts” series
Find dozens more stories about congregations by subscribing to Messenger
Stories from the Cities series
Jennifer Hosler researched and wrote articles for the “Stories from the Cities” project of Discipleship Ministries (then Congregational Life Ministries). The goal of the project was to help urban congregations share their unique stories with the denomination, in order to increase awareness of Church of the Brethren urban churches, foster increased interest in urban ministries, and help others learn from the unique contexts that city churches face.
Go to the stories (Messenger site).