Map of congregations -“Find a church”
To see a list of all congregations in alphabetical order, click on the box with an arrow at the top left of the map, next to “Church of the Brethren Congregations”. Then click the small arrow under the red check box. You can then search by name using the search (“Find”) function of your browser. This is often found by clicking the three dots or lines at the very top right of the browser.
If you need assistance finding a congregation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Messenger “Small churches, big hearts” series
Find dozens more stories about congregations by subscribing to Messenger
Stories from the Cities series
Jennifer Hosler researched and wrote articles for the “Stories from the Cities” project of Discipleship Ministries (then Congregational Life Ministries). The goal of the project was to help urban congregations share their unique stories with the denomination, in order to increase awareness of Church of the Brethren urban churches, foster increased interest in urban ministries, and help others learn from the unique contexts that city churches face.
Go to the stories (Messenger site).
Jesus in the neighborhood: updates from congregations
- Coventry, Parker Ford congregations adopt families after fireCoventry Church of the Brethren and Parker Ford Church adopted families after a 2020 apartment fire.
- Pleasant View celebrates 245 yearsPleasant View Church of the Brethren celebrated its 245th anniversary on August 15.
- Lititz hosts “Bike & Hike”Lititz Church of the Brethren hosted COBYS Family Services’ 25th annual Bike & Hike fundraising event.
- Harrisburg First tends community gardenThe Harrisburg First congregation has been tending to their community garden for about five years.
- Crest Manor makes clean-up kitsCrest Manor Church of the Brethren recently filled 28 clean-up kit buckets for people recovering from floods and tornadoes.
- West Richmond walks local slave trailWest Richmond Church of the Brethren has offered a variety of learning opportunities to replace in-person Sunday School during the pandemic
- Celebration of Christ does prayer walk, hymn sing at The PointeRecent outreach at Celebration of Christ Church of the Brethren included a prayer walk and a hymn sing at a local care facility.
- Lancaster celebrates “International Fun Day”Lancaster Church of the Brethren’s International Fun Day included a British tea party, Ethiopian food, Nigerian chin-chin cookies, and many activities
- West Shore hosts free gospel concertsWest Shore Church of the Brethren hosts free concerts and is now open for in-person worship
- Maitland & Pine Glen donate shoesTwo congregations have been collecting shoes to help break the cycle of poverty
- Trinity donates quiltsMembers of Trinity Church of the Brethren donated quilts to Sabetha Community Hospital