The Church of the Brethren Yearbook offers extensive information about the denomination and congregations.
Map of congregations -“Find a church”
To see a list of all congregations in alphabetical order, click on the box with an arrow at the top left of the map, next to “Church of the Brethren Congregations”. Then click the small arrow under the red check box. You can then search by name using the search (“Find”) function of your browser. This is often found by clicking the three dots or lines at the very top right of the browser.
If you need assistance finding a congregation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesus in the neighborhood: updates from congregations
- North Fort Myers church reaches out“In the last few months there have been many showers of blessings raining down on us and times when the bleakness of the situation brought us to our knees. Through it all, this church became a beacon of light”
- Mount Morris thanks Pinecrest staffMembers of Mount Morris Church of the Brethren found a way to support Pinecrest Community staff
- Beacon Heights welcomes neighborsBeacon Heights Church of the Brethren cares about neighbors; their need for food, books, and play; their need to share what they have to offer; their need to meet each other and be known.
- McPherson creates “Jesus in the Neighborhood” initiativeThe McPherson Church of the Brethren has created the “Jesus in the Neighborhood” initiative to serve as disciples through relationship-based neighborhood engagement.
- Elizabethtown addresses “Christian Nationalism”Elizabethtown Church of the Brethren ran a full-page advertisement in the Sunday edition of the Lancaster, Pa., newspaper titled “The Perils of Christian Nationalism.”
- Jesus Lounge Ministry supports youthJesus Lounge Ministry has partnered with the Student Life Alliance and the Delray Beach Library “Let’s Talk Period” program to support at-risk teens and tweens with hygiene and feminine hygiene kits.
- Curryville pastor adds Dunker donkeysCurryville Church of the Brethren pastor Chris Heinlein and his wife, Kathy, recently took in two white donkeys after their previous owners were no longer able to care for them.
- Fairview renovates buildingFairview Church of the Brethren recently underwent a $1.5 million renovation to add more space, a baptismal pool, a larger kitchen and dining area, classrooms, elevator, and more.
- Woodbury commissions stained glass windowWoodbury Church of the Brethren has a new stained-glass piece made by local artists
- Whitestone hosts VBSWhitestone Church of the Brethren hosted a Vacation Bible School with a family-based format that could bring family groups to the church to play together.
- Hanover installs AEDHanover (Pa.) Church of the Brethren recently received a grant from the Brethren Faith in Action Fund to purchase and install an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Lower Miami: A long history of welcome – Feetwashing in Southeastern District – Congregations assist Ukraine – Eglise des Freres Haitiens – York First – Troy – Lancaster – East Dayton – Pomona – Lititz – Lafayette – Love feast – Harrisburg – Germantown – Food and community
Messenger “Small churches, big hearts” series
Find dozens more stories about congregations by subscribing to Messenger
Stories from the Cities series
Jennifer Hosler researched and wrote articles for the “Stories from the Cities” project of Discipleship Ministries (then Congregational Life Ministries). The goal of the project was to help urban congregations share their unique stories with the denomination, in order to increase awareness of Church of the Brethren urban churches, foster increased interest in urban ministries, and help others learn from the unique contexts that city churches face.
Go to the stories (Messenger site).