The Church of the Brethren Yearbook offers extensive information about the denomination and congregations.
Map of congregations -“Find a church”
To see a list of all congregations in alphabetical order, click on the box with an arrow at the top left of the map, next to “Church of the Brethren Congregations”. Then click the small arrow under the red check box. You can then search by name using the search (“Find”) function of your browser. This is often found by clicking the three dots or lines at the very top right of the browser.
If you need assistance finding a congregation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesus in the neighborhood: updates from congregations
Messenger “Small churches, big hearts” series
Find dozens more stories about congregations by subscribing to Messenger
Stories from the Cities series
Jennifer Hosler researched and wrote articles for the “Stories from the Cities” project of Discipleship Ministries (then Congregational Life Ministries). The goal of the project was to help urban congregations share their unique stories with the denomination, in order to increase awareness of Church of the Brethren urban churches, foster increased interest in urban ministries, and help others learn from the unique contexts that city churches face.
Go to the stories (Messenger site).
More stories from congregations
- Trotwood hosts mobile grocery, Little Free LibraryTrotwood Church of the Brethren hosts Homefull Mobile Grocery twice a month. The Homefull Mobile Grocery is “a full-service grocery store that was created to address food insecurity and designed to provide access to locally sourced fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy items, meat and pantry staples as well as household items.” In addition, the church
- Curryville holds blessing of the tractorsCurryville Church of the Brethren recently held a service to bless tractors and farmers.
- Mechanicsburg helps welcome Afghan familyA ten-member, three-church welcome team has worked with Church World Service to resettle a young Afghan family of four in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
- Peace Church of the Brethren produces “Brethren Voices”For nearly 17 years, Peace Church of the Brethren in Portland, Oregon, has produced the community television program Brethren Voices.
- McPherson creates “Jesus in the Neighborhood” initiativeThe McPherson Church of the Brethren has created the “Jesus in the Neighborhood” initiative to serve as disciples through relationship-based neighborhood engagement.
- Living Stream makes “pysanky” in solidarity with UkraineLiving Stream Church of the Brethren encourages the creation of “pysanky,” Ukrainian Easter eggs, while praying for peace.
- Centro Ágape en Accíon abre nuevo edificioCentro Ágape en Acción Church of the Brethren en Los Banos recientemente tuvo una jornada de puertas abiertas y la dedicación de un nuevo edificio en Los Banos, California.
- Roaring Spring connects youth through mentoring“We used to say the youth are the future of the church, and now we realize that the youth are the church,”
- Palmyra offers creative worship elementsPalmyra Church of the Brethren has used twine “lanterns” in the sanctuary windows to reflect a number of themes. Find out how.
- West Richmond offers Lenten Study Discussion BoardWest Richmond Church of the Brethren offers online reflection and discussion based on the Lenten devotional book We Wait for Light.
- Middlebury receives state grant for “Little Lites”Middlebury Church of the Brethren recently received a grant to support its Little Lites Daycare Ministry.