Marissa Witkovsky-Eldred has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as interim coordinator of Short-term Service, beginning Oct. 3 as a remote employee working from Washington, D.C. She will provide oversight and administration of short-term service experiences and placements including FaithX (formerly the workcamp ministry), and will support recruitment of volunteers for Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS).
In 2018-2019 she was assistant coordinator of the former workcamp ministry, serving through BVS at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, Ill. Most recently she has been senior admissions associate for Chapel Haven Schleifer Center in New Haven, Conn. She is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University with a bachelor’s degree in botany and zoology and minors in religion and environmental studies.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren Academy offers Clergy Tax Seminar 2023
- Brethren bits for Nov. 18, 2022
- Southern Ohio and Kentucky District Conference celebrates ‘firsts’
- Jesus Lounge Ministry partners to support at-risk youth
- Committee seeks to contact Church of the Brethren members and initiatives working for racial justice