By Dana Cassell
The Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church Program invites multivocational pastors of Church of the Brethren congregations to join a summer book study of Part-Time is Plenty: Thriving Without Full-Time Clergy by Jeffrey MacDonald.
John Fillmore, who serves as a leader in the program and pastors the Nampa congregation in Idaho, will lead the six-week study over Zoom, from June 8 through July 13.
Multivocational pastors comprise 77 percent of all Church of the Brethren pastors, and the designation includes part-time pastors, pastors who serve as part of a pastoral team, pastors serving through the plural non-salaried ministry, and anyone whose congregational role is less than a formal, full-time agreement.
Learn more about the Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church program at www.brethren.org/part-time-pastor. Register to join the book study at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctceqgqDsoE9U0ab18yLQHTRR-Gr97yxpe. The book may be purchased through Brethren Press at www.brethrenpress.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=0664265995
— Dana Cassell is Thriving in Ministry program manager for the Church of the Brethren Office of Ministry.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren bits for Sept. 29, 2023
- For a common spiritual cause: Prayer walk is sponsored by Virlina Peace Affairs Committee
- Mountville Church witnesses on gun violence
- Lynchburg church reaches out with ‘grieving service’ for a nearby death
- Manchester Church hosts the Sing Me Home Festival this Saturday, Sept. 30