A virtual “Leadership Summit on Wellbeing” for clergy and other church leaders is being planned by Church of the Brethren staff for Monday through Thursday, April 19-22, 2021. The online summit will open Monday evening with a keynote presentation by clinical psychologist and professor Dr. Jessica Young Brown of Virginia Union University’s Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology.
Pre-recorded sessions by presenters on five aspects of wellbeing will be available for viewing in preparation for participating in question-and-answer sessions with the presenters during the week. Speakers will address themes including family/relational, physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial wellbeing.
Continuing education units will be available through the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership upon registration. More information will be available closer to the time of the event.
— Stan Dueck, co-coordinator of Discipleship Ministries for the Church of the Brethren, provided this report to Newsline on behalf of the group of denominational staff who are planning the summit. For more information, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-429-4343 for more information.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Feb. 26, 2021
- Westminster church uses mini-grant to present webinar series on racial justice
- A poetic blessing for the innovative prayer covering
- Miller and Li hired as co-executives of Global Mission for the Church of the Brethren
- Youth and young adult calendar lists upcoming events to be offered online