Stan Dueck, co-coordinator of the Discipleship Ministries of the Church of the Brethren, will lead the November course from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program hosted by McPherson (Kan.) College. The topic will be “Leading at the Speed of Change.” The class will be held online on Saturday, Nov. 21, at 9 a.m.-12 noon (Central time).
“We are in a time of tremendous and persistent change,” said an announcement. “We are facing changes not only in our congregations but also in our families, workplaces, schools, and communities. The time and environment are changing at a rate that requires us to continually learn, unlearn, and relearn our purpose of ministry and reinvent the congregation to meet the needs that face us.”
How to lead through change is a skill that can be learned. The session will explore the following: change and congregations, what’s going on that creates resistance, nimble leadership and resilient congregations, and beginning the journey.
Continuing education credit is available for a fee, and donations are received to the Ventures program. Register at www.mcpherson.edu/ventures.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Feb. 26, 2021
- Westminster church uses mini-grant to present webinar series on racial justice
- A poetic blessing for the innovative prayer covering
- Miller and Li hired as co-executives of Global Mission for the Church of the Brethren
- Youth and young adult calendar lists upcoming events to be offered online