Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey has announced plans for the next Moderator’s Town Hall on Thursday, Nov. 19, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time). The featured resource person will be Mark DeVries, founder and president of Ministry Architects, a nationally acclaimed church resourcing organization. “Innovative Ideas for a Hard Season” will be the focus.
Multiple factors press in on churches and their members during this difficult time. As a result, it is easy to become immobilized by the gravity of weighty issues and emotions. This event will share practical ideas for flourishing in a hard season, and for being adaptable and innovative despite the challenges. The event is applicable to clergy, laity, and congregations.
DeVries is a graduate of Baylor University and Princeton Theological Seminary. From 1986-2014, he was associate pastor for youth and their families at First Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tenn. In addition to Ministry Architects, he has founded or co-founded Ministry Incubators, the Center for Youth Ministry, and Justice Industries. Since he began as a part-time consultant, he has worked with more than 1,000 congregations. He is the author of several books including Family-Based Youth Ministry, Sustainable Youth Ministry, and The Indispensable Youth Pastor (with Jeff Dunn-Rankin).
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Sept. 24, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves grant for new collaboration to aid Afghanistan evacuees
- Haitians at the border: A Brethren response
- Brethren Press’s Advent devotional for 2021, Hoosier Prophet, Maria’s Kit of Comfort among new resources for Brethren
- National Youth Conference 2022 registration opens Dec. 1