Brethren Volunteer Service?
Church of the Brethren denominational positions
Brethren Press Customer Service/Inventory and Systems Specialist - Elgin, Illinois
The Church of the Brethren is seeking an individual to fill a full-time hourly position of Brethren Press customer service/inventory and systems specialist. The customer service/inventory and systems specialist is part of the Brethren Press team and reports to the Director of Brethren Press Marketing and Sales.
Major responsibilities include providing purchasing and inventory control functions, maintaining order systems, customer service and maintaining a thorough knowledge of products offered by Brethren Press. Additional responsibilities include answering the customer service phone line and processing orders, maintaining inventory levels and providing sales and marketing support services.
Required skills and knowledge include skilled competency in Microsoft Office component applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to comprehend new and existing systems and operate efficiently within them; ability to work on a team, handle multiple simultaneous projects, and meet deadlines; excellent customer service attitude and the ability to work within a religious setting.
Training or experience in sales and customer service, inventory management and accounting and point-of-sale, inventory, website and customer database systems is required for this position. A high school diploma or equivalent is required and some college is preferred.
This position is based at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, IL.
Applications will be received beginning immediately and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Qualified candidates are invited to request the application form by contacting:
Office of Human Resources
Church of the Brethren
1451 Dundee Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
800-323-8039 ext. 367 – firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, Zigler Hospitality Center - New Windsor, MD
The Zigler Hospitality Center seeks Volunteer Hosts and Hostesses to help coordinate and provide hospitality services to guests and visitors of the Brethren Service Center campus. Duties include guest check-in, providing host service during meetings and retreats, providing assistance in maintaining common areas and guest rooms, and assisting in the dining room during meals and banquets. Our Hosts and Hostesses serve as key members of the Hospitality Center team, ensuring good communication and follow through, and consistently placing the needs of our guests as a top priority.
The Zigler Hospitality Center is also seeking a Volunteer Office Assistant to the Manager, to help schedule guests for: private lodging, day and overnight conferences, and volunteer lunch groups. They would also assist in similar duties as the Host and Hostess position.
Age requirement: Adult
Time commitment: One month to one year
For a complete description of these volunteer positions, or if you would like to discuss these opportunities with a staff member, please contact us at 410-635-8700 (Toll Free: 800-766-1553) or via e-mail at email@example.com.
For both volunteer positions, room and board is provided, as well as a monthly stipend.
Church of the Brethren districts
- Southeastern District Executive - part--time
This is a half-time position which could be filled by an individual or a team. The position is available August 1, 2016.
The Southeastern District is comprised of 42 congregations in the states of Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee and a portion of the states of North Carolina and Virginia. The churches are in rural settings, with many small congregations. The District is also blessed with 2 camps, one in Linville, North Carolina and the other in Blountville, Tennessee. The preferred candidate is someone who upholds the teachings of the New Testament and recognizes that the Bible is the inspired word of God.
- Serve as the executive officer of the District Board, giving general oversight to the planning and implementation of the ministries as directed by District Conference and the District Board.
- Interpret and share the guidance, direction and polity of Annual Conference. Provide an important and crucial link between the congregations/district and the wider church by working collaboratively with Annual Conference, its agencies and their staff.
- Assist congregations and ministers with pastoral placement.
- Encourage pastors and congregations to have open communication and good working relationships.
- Articulate and promote the vision and mission of the district
- Facilitate and encourage the calling and training of persons to set-apart ministry and lay leadership.
- Strong personal faith expressed through membership in and commitment to the Church of the Brethren.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and statements of Southeastern District.
- Ordained minister with a minimum of 5 years pastoral experience.
- A commitment to the New Testament and its values.
- Strong administration and communication skills.
- Experience in leadership development and church growth
- Follows biblical precepts in problem solving, addressing the needs of all parties involved for a peaceful, Godly solution
Interested and qualified persons may apply for this position by sending a letter of interest and a resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to contact 3 or 4 persons who are willing to provide a letter of reference. Upon receipt of the resume, the applicant will be sent a candidate profile that must be completed and returned before the application is considered complete. Application deadline: March 11, 2016
- Pastoral/staff openings (many locations)
- View available camp positions (Multiple locations)
- Openings at Bridgewater College
- Openings at Elizabethtown College
- Openings at Juniata College
- Openings at Manchester University
- Openings at McPherson College
- Openings at University of La Verne
- Disaster Recovery Support Initiative - Case Management Specialist and Long-term Recovery Group Formation Specialist. More information here.