Brethren Volunteer Service?
Church of the Brethren denominational positions
- Conference and Event assistant for Congregational Life Ministries - Elgin, Illinois
The Church of the Brethren is seeking to fill the full-time hourly position of Conference and Event assistant for Congregational Life Ministries (CLM). This position is part of the CLM team and reports to the director of Spiritual Life and Discipleship. This position is located at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, IL.
The major responsibilities of this multi-faceted position are to enhance and support the functions of Congregational Life Ministries conferences and special events through administration of a variety of tasks including support for the CLM directing team, use of conference and event databases, assistance in program promotion, preparation for conferences, responding to various inquiries and issues as they arise, maintenance of paper and electronic files, coordination of work with other support staff and other duties appropriate to the position.
Required skills and knowledge include:
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written; preference given for proficiency in Spanish and willingness to assist with translation.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of financial processes.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to deal graciously with the public.
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple supervisors, to be readily adaptable to change and to work well with multi-dimensional programs to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to balance complex assignments and simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work with established style guides and an eye for print and image design.
- Appreciation for the Church of the Brethren Values; sensitivity to other cultures and persons of various ages and abilities; ability to work as part of a diverse team.
Two or more years of office experience required. A High School Diploma or commensurate experience is required, as is proficiency in Windows based computer systems and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability and willingness to learn other software programs.
Applications will be received beginning immediately and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Qualified candidates are invited to request the application and position description by contacting:
Church of the Brethren - Office of Human Resources
1451 Dundee Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120
800-323-8039 ext. 367
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, Zigler Hospitality Center - New Windsor, MD
The Zigler Hospitality Center seeks Volunteer Hosts and Hostesses to help coordinate and provide hospitality services to guests and visitors of the Brethren Service Center campus. Duties include guest check-in, providing host service during meetings and retreats, providing assistance in maintaining common areas and guest rooms, and assisting in the dining room during meals and banquets. Our Hosts and Hostesses serve as key members of the Hospitality Center team, ensuring good communication and follow through, and consistently placing the needs of our guests as a top priority.
The Zigler Hospitality Center is also seeking a Volunteer Office Assistant to the Manager, to help schedule guests for: private lodging, day and overnight conferences, and volunteer lunch groups. They would also assist in similar duties as the Host and Hostess position.
Age requirement: Adult
Time commitment: One month to one year
For a complete description of these volunteer positions, or if you would like to discuss these opportunities with a staff member, please contact us at 410-635-8700 (Toll Free: 800-766-1553) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For both volunteer positions, room and board is provided, as well as a monthly stipend.
Church of the Brethren districts
- Atlantic Northeast, FT
- Middle Pennsylvania, FT, beginning date June 1, 2017
Contact email@example.com for an application or further information.
Church of the Brethren congregations
- Pastoral/staff openings (many locations)
Bethany Theological Seminary
Church of the Brethren Benefit Trust
On Earth Peace
- View available camp positions (Multiple locations)
- Openings at Bridgewater College
- Openings at Elizabethtown College
- Openings at Juniata College
- Openings at Manchester University
- Openings at McPherson College
- Openings at University of La Verne
- Disaster Recovery Support Initiative - Case Management Specialist and Long-term Recovery Group Formation Specialist. More information here.