Church of the Brethren congregations
- Pastoral/staff openings (many locations)
- ANE Church Video Streaming Specialist
The Atlantic Northeast District of the Church of the Brethren seeks someone to serve as the full-time salaried Church Video Streaming Specialist, assisting congregations and church leaders with implementing online and hybrid church services. Primary responsibilities include helping local leaders evaluate strategies for streaming, suggesting specific hardware and configurations solutions, assisting with installations, configuring setups, training church members to use the equipment, being available for questions and requests, and coordinating volunteers to assist with all the above as able. Consideration must be given to any particular congregation’s financial and volunteer resources, while standardizing equipment and implementations is preferable where possible. Secondary responsibilities include presenting monthly workshops on tech topics and best practices, assisting with streaming district events, responding to tech requests, and more.
These consultation and technical services are provided to all congregations in the district—large and small—along with limited availability for congregations and events outside of ANE, as the hope is that these services (and staffing) will expand to other districts and the denomination. As such, this position is breaking new ground, giving the opportunity and responsibility to help shape this ministry and how it is grown. This position lives out the Church of the Brethren’s call for the church to be innovative, adaptable, and fearless.
The most successful candidate will possess most or all of the following:
- Experience with live video production and live streaming
- Knowledge of and familiarity with video, audio, and computer systems, especially streaming video methods, protocols, and best practices
- Experience with worship and various worship styles
- The ability to teach technology to non-techies (lay people)
- The ability to work independently
- Good communication skills, including the ability to listen
- Help desk tech support and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to envision, create, shape, and implement new programs and initiatives
- The ability to work with, encourage, and organize volunteers and other staff
- The ability to understand and embrace the unique dynamics and needs of worship while utilizing technology
- Familiarity with the Church of the Brethren
To apply, please submit a résumé and a letter of interest—describing what attracts you to this position, your qualifications, and your salary requirements—to the Atlantic Northeast District at email@example.com. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
- District Executive Minister, Michigan District
The Michigan District comprises 20 congregations, including all of the lower peninsula of Michigan north of the southern tier of counties. Camp Brethren Heights is associated with the district and the district office location is negotiable. The district is theologically diverse and creative, biblically centered leadership with a broad, unifying perspective is desired to find the common foundation to continue to build God’s Kingdom together.
This 1/2-time position (approximately 25 hours per week) is currently available. Travel is required both within and outside of district.
RESPONSIBILITIES include three main focus areas:
- Direction, coordination, management, and leadership of the district program, as authorized by District Conference and implemented by the District Leadership Team.
- Work with the congregations in the calling and credentialing of ministers and in the placement/call and evaluation of pastoral staff. Providing support and counsel for ministers and other church leaders, sharing and interpreting of program resources for the congregation.
- Providing an important and crucial link between the congregations and the district and the wider church by working collaboratively with the Council of District Executives, the Annual Conference, its agencies, and their staff.
- Ordained through accredited program, Master of Divinity preferred
- Personal skills in organization, administration and communication
- Committed to the Church of the Brethren locally and denominationally, along with ecumenical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Pastoral experience preferred
- Biblical leadership
Interested and qualified persons may apply for this position by sending a letter of interest and resume to Nancy Sollenberger Heishman, Director, Office of Ministry, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to contact 3 or 4 persons willing to provide a letter of reference. Upon receipt of the resume, the individual will be sent a Candidate profile that must be completed and returned before the application is considered complete. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Church of the Brethren denominational positions
- Information Technology Specialist (Elgin, Illinois)
The Church of the Brethren is seeking an individual to fill a full-time salaried position of Information Technology Specialist. The Information Technology Specialist is part of the Information Technology team and Organizational Resources. This position is based at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, IL. The major responsibility is to support, maintain, and upgrade the organization’s networks and in-house servers. Other responsibilities include installing, administering, and troubleshooting security solutions for the Church of the Brethren General Offices to ensure the network’s security, protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction, and troubleshoot any access problems at the direction of the Director of Information Technology.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Positive customer service attitude
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Information Technology and with other members of the Information Technology team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Working knowledge with:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Current version(s) of Windows operating system
- Microsoft 365 Office Suite
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Other e-mail software
- Peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Network infrastructure
- Security infrastructure
- Virus protection software
- Fax machines
- Desktops, laptops, and tablet computers
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide telephone support
- Ability to articulate and operate out of the vision of the Mission & Ministry Board
- Skill in oral and written communication
Minimum of five years of significant information technology experience, including networks and security.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, cyber security or related field required. Advanced training certifications may be advantageous.
Applications will be received beginning immediately and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume to COBApply@brethren.org.