By Rhonda Pittman Gingrich
Below are links to two upcoming meetings of the Standing Committee of district delegates to the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference. Both have been set up as Zoom webinars. Standing Committee members will be registered as “panelists.” Others will have the ability to log on as “attendees” to observe and listen in, but without the capacity to be seen or to speak.
At the first meeting, on Dec. 4, the Standing Committee will hear updates from each of its subcommittees.
At the second meeting, on Jan. 29, 2024, the Standing Committee will review the initial drafts of any agency covenants and provide feedback to the covenant subcommittee. The agencies of Annual Conference are Bethany Theological Seminary, Eder Financial, and On Earth Peace.
How to attend:
To attend the Standing Committee meeting on Dec. 4, 2023, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time) click on this link to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87343715941?pwd=Hs-wEYnfhlJnFF7pX9ts7-vJ8BSNSw.Dj0H3or8v0afIKU5
To attend the Standing Committee meeting on Jan. 29, 2024, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time) click on this link to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86975555101?pwd=bfaZ_yLnkM1QxtO4FQumfWOAyLjqDg.Mak8BL-O3z1lhBnm
— Rhonda Pittman Gingrich is director of Annual Conference for the Church of the Brethren. For more information about Annual Conference go to www.brethren.org/ac.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public