By Erika Clary
This year, the National Youth Conference (NYC) 2022 Office has partnered with Brethren Disaster Ministries and the Brethren Disaster Relief Auction in Pennsylvania to collect certain school supplies to assemble Church World Service (CWS) school kits. We are trying to make at least 3,000 kits. The auction already has contributed $20,000 to this project.
The school kits will be given to children who are going to school in difficult settings. We have asked NYC participants to commit to bringing school supplies for the kits, using an online signup sheet at www.slottr.com/sheets/18267897.
If you are not attending NYC but would like to support this offering, you can commit to purchasing supplies and then send them with youth from your congregation. If you are not attending NYC and there are no youth from your congregation attending, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can support this project.
To learn more about the school kits we are assembling, please visit https://cwskits.org/assemble-kits/school-kits.
— Erika Clary is coordinator of the 2022 National Youth Conference, serving through Brethren Volunteer Service. The 2022 NYC will take place July 23-28 in Fort Collins, Colo. Not yet registered for NYC? Do so as soon as possible using this link: www.brethren.org/nyc/registration.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public