Marissa Witkovsky-Eldred has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as interim coordinator of Short-term Service, beginning Oct. 3 as a remote employee working from Washington, D.C. She will provide oversight and administration of short-term service experiences and placements including FaithX (formerly the workcamp ministry), and will support recruitment of volunteers for Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS).
In 2018-2019 she was assistant coordinator of the former workcamp ministry, serving through BVS at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, Ill. Most recently she has been senior admissions associate for Chapel Haven Schleifer Center in New Haven, Conn. She is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University with a bachelor’s degree in botany and zoology and minors in religion and environmental studies.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public