South Central Indiana District of the Church of the Brethren has called Marie Willoughby as co-interim district executive minister, as of Oct. 15, serving alongside Anna Lisa Gross. She replaces Kay Gaier, who served in the position from Jan. 15, 2022.
Willoughby will fulfill this one-sixth-time role focusing on visits with congregations and pastors, support for committees including the Brethren Leadership Institute, and guiding the credentialing needs of the district.
Please pray… For the ministry of these leaders of South Central Indiana District.
She has been an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren since 1988, serving previously as part-time pastor of the Marilla and Lakeview congregations in Michigan. She also filled the role of half-time district executive minister of Michigan District in 2002-2009. She has completed the Three-Year Reading Course of approved ministry training and has mentored other ministers in completing this training.
She is a member of Manchester Church of the Brethren and a resident at Timbercrest Senior Living Community in North Manchester, Ind., where she is active with the chapel committee and Sunday school classes.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren Academy offers Clergy Tax Seminar 2023
- Brethren bits for Nov. 18, 2022
- Southern Ohio and Kentucky District Conference celebrates ‘firsts’
- Jesus Lounge Ministry partners to support at-risk youth
- Committee seeks to contact Church of the Brethren members and initiatives working for racial justice