By Erika Clary
Are you planning to attend National Youth Conference (NYC) 2022 as an adult advisor? Do you have knowledge or expertise in a certain area and would like to teach a workshop–to youth and advisors, or just advisors? Consider proposing a workshop by completing the NYC 2022 workshop form!
Contemplate the following questions as you think about NYC workshops:
- How can we equip youth and advisors to better understand and share God’s love?
- What resources do Brethren youth need to live in the world today?
- What are my unique gifts, talents, skills, or perspectives that I would love to share?
If you are interested, complete the form ASAP or by Jan. 31, 2022, at https://forms.gle/4fvZQPQzMxoPZitb8.
National Youth Conference 2022 will take place July 23-28 on the campus of Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colo. Youth who have completed one year of high school through one year of college (or are age equivalent) and their advisors are invited to attend. The cost of the conference, which includes all meals, lodging, and programing, is $550. Registration opens Dec. 1 at www.brethren.org/nyc. Anyone who registers in December will receive a free NYC t-shirt.
Starting this Saturday, we will be advertising our NYC 2022 speakers. We will release one each Saturday on the NYC social media accounts (Facebook: National Youth Conference, Instagram: @cobnyc2022).
Questions? Contact coordinator Erika Clary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-429-4376.
— Erika Clary is coordinator of the 2022 National Youth Conference and a Brethren Volunteer Service worker.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- BFIA grants support Gun Buy Back Program, Blessing Box, and more projects at eight Church of the Brethren congregations
- EDF grants offer aid and relief in Haiti, the United States, Ukraine and Poland, the DRC, and Rwanda
- GFI grants support BVSer in Ecuador, agricultural training in the DRC and Mexico, community garden in Alaska, water project in Burundi
- Visit to Nigeria boosts agriculture program of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria
- Brethren bits for Sept. 29, 2023