The Church of the Brethren’s Office of Peacebuilding and Policy is taking part in an Interfaith Prayer Service marking the 20th anniversary of 9/11, to be held at Washington City Church of the Brethren on Saturday, Sept. 11, at 3 p.m. (Eastern time).
Office director Nathan Hosler, who also is a minister at the Washington City Church, is inviting Church of the Brethren members to join in the service, either in person or online.
The Washington City Church is located at 337 N. Carolina Ave. SE, Washington, DC.
The service also will be available online via Zoom. Click this link to join the webinar:
A number of faith-based organizations are collaborating in planning the service, which is coordinated by Pax Christi on the theme, “Lamenting Mistakes of the Past and Praying
and Acting for More Peaceful Tomorrows.” Speakers will include Kathy Kelly, Nobel Peace Prize nominee; US military veterans; members of 9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows; and other speakers.
For questions, contact Hosler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Nigeria Crisis Response will continue into 2022
- Newsline for Nov. 20, 2021
- Brethren bits for Nov. 19, 2021
- Brethren Benefit Trust announces online insurance portal and online application for church workers’ assistance, holds fall board meetings
- Nigerian army confirms killing of brigadier general and soldiers in Askira Uba encounter