The Southern Ohio and Kentucky District of the Church of the Brethren has called Nicholas (Nick) Beam as interim associate district executive minister beginning Oct. 1. Beam will serve alongside retiring district executive David Shetler until Jan. 1, 2022, when he will become interim district executive.
Shetler plans to retire at the end of this year, after having served in leadership of the district for more than 11 years.
Beam has been a pastor in the district, serving at the Pleasant Hill congregation for 23 years beginning as interim pastor in 1998. He was licensed by the West Milton congregation in 1991 and ordained by Pleasant Hill in 2000. He completed the Training in Ministry program of the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership in 1999 and received a Certificate of Achievement in Theological Studies from Bethany Seminary in 2008.
His leadership in the district has included service as moderator of this year’s district conference. He has served on the district board, Leadership Team, and Ministry Commission, and spent six years as the district’s Standing Committee representative to Annual Conference.
The address for the district office remains the same.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Circular tables: A ‘calling story’ from the Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center
- Brethren bits for Jan. 14, 2023
- Survey gathers information for work of Annual Conference committee
- Crest Manor’s mitten tree shares warmth
- Seventh Brethren World Assembly will celebrate 300 years of the Brethren in America