The Illinois and Wisconsin District Leadership Team has called Connie Burkholder to serve as interim district executive minister, beginning Jan. 1, 2021. She has previous experience in district leadership in Northern Plains District, where she was district executive minister 1996-2006.
An ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren since 1983, Burkholder has filled pastorates in Northern Ohio, Western Plains, and Virlina Districts. She has written adult curriculum and has been a spiritual direction practitioner and retreat leader. For six years, she served as liturgy coordinator, program presenter, and spiritual director for the Heartland Center for Spirituality of the Dominican Sisters of Peace in Great Bend, Kan.
She holds a master of divinity degree from Bethany Theological Seminary and a graduate certificate in spiritual direction and directed retreats from Creighton University in Omaha, Neb. In addition, she is a musician and has been active in leading church choirs and piano accompanying. For four years, she was employed as accompanist by the music department of McPherson (Kan.) College.
Burkholder lives in McPherson, where she serves as a member of the ministerial team of Monitor Church of the Brethren.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Sept. 24, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves grant for new collaboration to aid Afghanistan evacuees
- Haitians at the border: A Brethren response
- Brethren Press’s Advent devotional for 2021, Hoosier Prophet, Maria’s Kit of Comfort among new resources for Brethren
- National Youth Conference 2022 registration opens Dec. 1