Brethren Historical Library and Archives
The Brethren Historical Library and Archives is the official repository for Church of the Brethren publications and records. Its purpose is to keep alive the Brethren faith heritage, by:
- collecting and preserving materials relating to the cultural, socio-economic, theological, genealogical, and institutional history of the Brethren;
- giving historical perspective and understanding to the mission of the church through counsel and publication;
- providing a centralized Brethren research center;
- serving as a clearinghouse for information on Brethren historical materials in other repositories.
Contact the director at 800-323-8039, x368, direct line 847-429-4368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) has a series of free pamphlets available on request. These include the following:
- Guide to Research in Brethren History
- Guide for Local Church Historians
- Guide to the Brethren in Europe
- Brethren Historical Library and Archives
Used books for sale