“Providing Mutual Support when People Experience Mental Illness” is the title of an upcoming webinar on June 17 at 2 p.m. (Eastern time), co-sponsored by the Church of the Brethren’s Discipleship Ministries and the Anabaptist Disabilities Network.
“How can we walk with people who are experiencing a mental illness in our congregations and community?” said a description of the online event. “Attend this ‘Mental Health 101’ webinar with Janelle Bitikofer. Become more aware of the prevalence of mental illnesses in our congregations and communities, their causes and symptoms, and some keys to providing mutual support.”
Bitikofer is executive director of We Rise International and lead mental health trainer for Churches Care, a mental health and addictions training program for congregations. She is author of Streetlights: Empowering Christians to Respond to Mental Illnesses and Addictions, a mental health and addictions support manual for churches.
Credentialed ministers may earn 0.1 continuing education units through the Brethren Academy.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren Academy offers Clergy Tax Seminar 2023
- Brethren bits for Nov. 18, 2022
- Southern Ohio and Kentucky District Conference celebrates ‘firsts’
- Jesus Lounge Ministry partners to support at-risk youth
- Committee seeks to contact Church of the Brethren members and initiatives working for racial justice