Haitians and U.S. volunteers work side by side during a Brethren Disaster Ministries workcamp. Photo by Ilexene Alphonse
Main Church of the Brethren Haiti page (includes news and photo albums)
Global Missions and Service Haiti page
Haiti Medical Project
- New video! An uplifting new video, “Men Anpil Chay Pa Lou: With Many Hands the Load is Not Heavy,” from Brethren Disaster Ministries highlights disaster recovery in Haiti from 2008 to 2013. The video documents the multifaceted disaster response program following four hurricanes and the catastrophic Port-au-Prince earthquake that eventually became the largest international response of the Church of the Brethren in decades, and how this work has deepened the bonds between American and Haitian Brethren. Contact us to order a copy.
- Haiti poster with spring 2013 summary report on back, 17" X 22".
- "Taking stock in Haiti" (PDF), an overview of Church of the Brethren work in Haiti, March 2012 (Color version - larger file)
- Haitian church celebrates 100th home built. June 16, 2011
- BDM focuses on Haiti long-term recovery. Brethren Disaster Ministries' response in Haiti has transitioned from aiding basic survival to sustainable long-term recovery. March 28, 2011.
- Work, worship and learn. Volunteer Brent Carlson reflects on BDM Haiti workcamp. February 16, 2011.
- Brethren Called to Prayer on first anniversary of earthquake. January 11, 2011
- IMA World Health invites community to Day of Prayer. January 11, 2011
- A year later in Haiti. Church World Service response and recovery efforts in Haiti are supported in part by the Church of the Brethren's Emergency Disaster Fund. January 11, 2011
- Haiti: One Year Later, short video on sustainable recovery work and Haitians helping Haitians by Church World Service. January 11, 2011.
- New artesian well preserves health in Haiti. January 7, 2011
- BDM Haiti earthquake response update. November 2010
- New in 2013! An uplifting new video, “Men Anpil Chay Pa Lou: With Many Hands the Load is Not Heavy,” from Brethren Disaster Ministries highlights disaster recovery in Haiti from 2008 to 2013. The video documents the multifaceted disaster response program following four hurricanes and the catastrophic Port-au-Prince earthquake that eventually became the largest international response of the Church of the Brethren in decades, and how this work has deepened the bonds between American and Haitian Brethren. Contact us to order a copy.
- Video Lespwa Fe Viv - Hope Makes One Live
- See more videos on the BDM YouTube channel
- Haiti Earthquake Photo Album, January 2010
- Medical Mission Photo Album, March 2010
See "Lespwa fe viv - Hope makes one live"
- Haiti's forgotten reclaim dignity. Church World Service, July 12, 2010.
- Church of the Brethren partner: "Still so much to do." Church World Service, July 9, 2010
- BDM Haiti Earthquake Report - June 2010. Includes 22" X 17" poster.
- Haitian Family Resource Center hosted by New York Brethren. Newsline, June 4, 2010 (scroll down).
- Haiti bean seed program combines disaster relief, development. Newsline, May 24, 2010.
- Haiti earthquake response receives $150,000 grant. Newsline, May 24, 2010.
- Family Household kits and tarps headed for Haiti (PDF) - May 6, 2010
- Newsline Special on Haiti - April 7, 2010
- Newsline Special: Mission and Ministry Board, Haiti Update - March 19, 2010.
- A blog has been set up to share detailed reports from the delegation’s experience in Haiti, reports from others involved with the relief effort in Haiti, along with an opportunity for reader response and the expression of concerns for Haiti; go to http://blog.brethren.org/?p=41#comments.
- Brethren medical/crisis counseling group is to go to Haiti - February 25, 2010
- Stories from Haitian Brethren show solidarity of church members through crisis - February 12, 2010
- Center ships 158,000 pounds of relief supplies to Haiti - February 11, 2010
- Haitian American Brethren experience losses, grief following earthquake - February 11, 2010
- New Family Household Kit collection is announced for Haiti - February 5, 2010
- EDF gives $250,000 for Brethren and CWS work in Haiti - February 5, 2010
- Next phase of Brethren response in Haiti begins - February 5, 2010
- Brethren earthquake response shapes up, feeding program begins - January 28, 2010
- Delegation member sends update from Haiti - January 28, 2010
- DR Brethren begin aid effort, share concern for relatives in Haiti - January 28, 2010
- Brethren Disaster Ministries executive returns from Haiti - January 26, 2010
- Brethren congregations across the US take part in the Haiti relief effort
- Haiti Poster & Spring 2013 Report, 17" X 22", 2-sided.
- Downloadable bulletin insert in pdf format highlights Brethren Disaster Ministries' long-term recovery initiatives. Free for reproduction by congregations and others interested in sharing information in Sunday morning worship, Sunday school classes, Bible study groups, and other venues.
- Haiti earthquake poster, 17" X 22". Includes June 2010 report on back.
- "A Meditation on the Hygiene Kit" and slide show are available for use by congregations and other groups collecting hygiene kits. The resource includes a brief reflection on each item in the kit--towel, washcloth, soap, band-aids, comb, nail clipper, toothbrush, in a zipped plastic bag--interspersed with scripture. Download the script as a pdf document. Download the PowerPoint slide show.