- Rhonda Pittman Gingrich is hired as director of Annual Conferenceby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on May 6, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Rhonda Pittman Gingrich has been hired as director of the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference. She will begin her work on Aug. 23, working from her home in Minneapolis, Minn., and from the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin, Ill. She will succeed Chris Douglas, who retires as Conference director on Oct. 1.
- Moderator’s Town Hall features Brethren historiansby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on May 1, 2021 at 6:35 pm
There was a lot to hear on the topics of biblical authority, accountability, the compelling vision, church division, and nationalism during the Moderator’s Town Hall hosted by Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey. The online event in two parts was titled “Today’s Headlines, Yesterday’s Wisdom. Historical Insights for the Contemporary Church.”
- Virtual blood drive #SleevesUpBrethren2021 campaign offers Brethren a chance to giveby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 16, 2021 at 6:50 pm
This year, with the entire Conference online, we are encouraging everyone in the Church of the Brethren–regardless of whether registering for or attending the Conference–to join the Virtual Blood Drive and to donate locally between June 15 and July 15.
- Virtual Annual Conference: 12 ‘how-tos’by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 8, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Many Brethren are familiar with how Annual Conference is held in person, but how will a virtual Conference work? What do delegates and nondelegates need to know to navigate the first-ever fully online annual meeting of the Church of the Brethren?
- First virtual Annual Conference will feature worship, business, Bible studies, concerts, insight and equipping sessions, networking groups, and moreby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 8, 2021 at 2:30 pm
The 2021 Annual Conference of the Church of the Brethren will be held online June 30 to July 4–the first-ever fully online annual meeting.