- Deadline is extended to make nominations for the 2024 Annual Conference ballotby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on December 2, 2023 at 6:37 pm
The Nominating Committee of the Standing Committee of district delegates to the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference continues to seek nominations for the 2024 ballot. We are extending the deadline for submitting nominations from Dec. 4, 2023, to Jan. 5, 2024.
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on November 16, 2023 at 8:20 pm
The Church of the Brethren Annual Conference has called for a three-year denominational process to move toward more vibrant and effective solidarity with communities of color. You are invited to join the efforts of the Standing with People of Color Study/Action process by attending an online meeting on Saturday, Nov. 18, to get connected and find your role in our efforts.
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the publicby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on November 16, 2023 at 7:21 pm
Below are links to two upcoming meetings of the Standing Committee of district delegates to the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference.
- Illinois and Wisconsin District sends query on to Annual Conferenceby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on November 16, 2023 at 5:38 pm
The Church of the Brethren’s Illinois and Wisconsin District met for its district conference Nov. 3-4 at Lanark (Ill.) Church of the Brethren, with about 125 people attending including 57 delegates. Phyllis Batterton of the Woodland congregation (Astoria, Ill.) served as moderator, with the theme “Encouraging One Another.”
- Query does not advance from Southern Ohio and Kentucky Districtby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on October 18, 2023 at 8:35 pm
The Southern Ohio and Kentucky District held its district conference on Oct. 6-7 at West Charleston Church of the Brethren. Along with the usual business of passing a budget for 2024 and approving the slate of new board members and other leadership, a query was brought from the Living Peace congregation in Columbus, Ohio, about whether or not it is time to rescind the 1983 Annual Conference paper “Human Sexuality from a Christian Perspective.”