- Moderator’s name used in spam emailby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on November 19, 2020 at 2:35 pm
Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey’s name has been used in a spam email this week. Church of the Brethren members are advised not to reply to this fake email and to immediately delete it. The email is titled “OUR LORD BLESSINGS BE WITH YOU” and includes a scam request for gift cards to donate to patients with COVID-19.
- Bible studies on compelling vision to be released for use in Spring 2021by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on November 7, 2020 at 12:18 am
The Compelling Vision Team announces a 13-week Bible study structured around the compelling vision, to be released in February 2021–just in time for spring Sunday school classes and Bible studies. We have 13 different writers from across the denomination preparing these studies.
- Treaty prohibiting nuclear weapons receives 50th ratificationby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on October 31, 2020 at 6:09 pm
By Nathan Hosler On Oct. 24, the United Nations received its 50th ratification for the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW). As a result, the treaty will “enter into force” in 90 days, on Jan. 22, 2021, and become international law. While this will not immediately eliminate the threat of nuclear war, it
- Moderator’s Town Hall featuring Mark Devries is planned for Nov. 19by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on October 30, 2020 at 8:31 pm
Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey has announced plans for the next Moderator’s Town Hall on Thursday, Nov. 19, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time). The featured resource person will be Mark DeVries, founder and president of Ministry Architects, a nationally acclaimed church resourcing organization. “Innovative Ideas for a Hard Season” will be the focus. Multiple factors
- Planning continues for the 2021 Annual Conferenceby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on October 15, 2020 at 10:55 pm
From the Annual Conference Program and Arrangements Committee Although uncertainty remains due to the pandemic, the Annual Conference Program and Arrangements Committee has determined the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference will take place in 2021. The event is planned for June 30-July 4, 2021, in Greensboro, N.C. Conference arrangements will, of course, abide by