- Annual Conference office co-sponsors webinars on theme of equipping for leadershipby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 23, 2021 at 6:28 pm
The Annual Conference office is co-sponsoring two online workshops offered by Womaen’s Caucus on the theme “Equipping for Leadership.” All are invited to join! The first webinar titled “Leadership in the Church of the Brethren” will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 24, at 8 p.m. (Eastern time) via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent out in August.
- Brethren bits for July 9, 2021by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm
In this issue: Annual Conference reporting resources for use by delegates and churches, personnel notes and job openings, new dates for the fall orientation of Brethren Volunteer Service, extended deadline to apply for a Healing Racism Mini-grant, and more.
- Ministers’ Association hears Michael Gorman presentation on 1 Corinthiansby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 9, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Approximately 130 people virtually attended the Church of the Brethren Ministers’ Association Pre-Annual Conference Event on June 29-30. Michael Gorman, a biblical scholar who was a featured speaker at the 2021 Annual Conference, spoke on 1 Corinthians, focusing on the church as Paul describes it.
- New leadership is consecrated, theme for 2022 Annual Conference is announcedby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 4, 2021 at 5:26 pm
At the close of this morning’s Annual Conference worship service, new leadership was consecrated with prayer and the laying on of hands. David Sollenberger (kneeling at left) was consecrated to serve as moderator of the 2022 Conference, and Tim McElwee (kneeling at right) was consecrated as moderator-elect.
- Conference affirms additional directors and trustees and other appointmentsby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 4, 2021 at 3:49 pm
The Church of the Brethren Annual Conference affirmed board-elected and constituency-elected directors and trustees for the denomination’s Mission and Ministry Board and the Conference agencies Bethany Theological Seminary, On Earth Peace, and Brethren Benefit Trust (BBT). Also affirmed were district executive representatives to the denomination’s Leadership Team and the Pastoral Compensation and Benefits Advisory Committee.