Annual Conference leadership is composed of the Annual Conference Officers, Program and Arrangements Committee, and the Director of Annual Conference.
- Each component is integral to the function and mission of Annual Conference.
- Each component has a separate and distinct assignment.
- Each component is accountable to the other components to fulfill its own task and expects the other components to act responsibly in the fulfillment of their tasks.
Annual Conference Officers
The Annual Conference Officers are comprised of the current Moderator, Moderator-elect, and Secretary. They receive and process the business of Annual Conference, establish and manage agendas for Standing Committee and the Conference, represent the Conference at district meetings and other appropriate settings, and respond to concerns of denominational members regarding actions and activities of Conference.
- Receive and process the business of Annual Conference and establish and manage agendas for Standing Committee and the Conference
- Represent the Conference at District meetings and other appropriate settings
- Respond to concerns of denominational members regarding actions and activities of Conference
- Appoint messengers, timekeepers, tellers, and such other persons as needed for accomplishing the Conference business
- Create and maintain Conference minutes and other important documents
- Coordinate the work of the Standing Committee nominating committee
Program and Arrangements Committee
The Annual Conference Program and Arrangements Committee is comprised of 3 elected members, each serving a three year term, the Annual Conference officers, and conference director. They are responsible for developing the overall program for Conference, including theme, fees, worship services, and schedules. They also administer the policies guiding Annual Conference on-site activities.
- Plans the program and arrangements for Annual Conference
- Administers the policies guiding Annual Conference on-site activities and makes recommendations regarding any desired changes to the policies
- Prepares an annual budget for Annual Conference, including recommended delegate and exhibit fees and district assessments
- Secures the locations and set dates for future Annual Conferences
2-year elected term
3-year elected term
3-year elected term
Director of Annual Conference
The Director of Annual Conference serves as liaison for the Program and Arrangements Committee, other Annual Conference agencies, districts, and Brethren-related groups. Other responsibilities include managing the day-by-day functions of Annual Conference, and is the primary contact for all inquiries, suggestions, and requests related to Annual Conference. The Conference Director is aided in this endeavor by a Conference Assistant.
- Carry out the responsibilities/directives of the Program and Arrangements Committee and the Conference Officers
- Assist the chairs of the leadership components in the preparation of agendas for the components’ meetings
- Facilitate the meetings of study committees and other special task groups of Annual Conference
- Manage day-by-day functions of Annual Conference
- Serve as the primary contact for all inquiries, queries, suggestions, requests related to Annual Conference
- Employ the Conference Assistant and other support staff as needed and supervises their work
- Serve as liaison for the Program and Arrangements Committee with the other Annual Conference agencies, districts, and other Brethren-related groups.
Conference Office Staff
Rhonda Pittman Gingrich