How you can help
Join in support of our Nigerian Brethren on their Long Journey Home: Nigeria Workcamps are being formed to help rebuild churches, repair church facilities, to worship and pray in fellowship with the Nigerian Brethren and to encourage people as they recover. Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) families and their neighbors have started the long journey of recovery and return of self sufficiency. The workcamps are a joint project of the Church of the Brethren and EYN (Church of the Brethren in Nigeria). Join in helping communities and churches rebuild in Nigeria.
- January 5 – 22, 2018
Workcamp dates are subject to change.
- Majority of work will focus on rebuilding churches
- May also assist with relief activities or distributions
- Worship and fellowship with Nigerian Brethren
- Life-changing cultural experience
Workcamp Cost Estimate: $2,600
- $1,250 (approximate) - Air Transportation
- $200 - Nigerian Visa
- $650 - Housing, food and travel in Nigeria
- $500 - Project materials for construction
- Expenses not included: immunizations
Interested workcampers are encouraged to seek support and prayers from their faith community for the workcamp.
Registration forms and additional information can be found:
- On the Nigeria Crisis Take Action page.
- By contacting Kendra Harbeck by phone at 847-429-4388 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 90 days before workcamp: Registration, visa application and $600 deposit due
- 60 days before workcamp: Balance of costs due (approx. $2,000)—you will be notified of exact total.
- 90-60 days before travel: meet with your doctor or a travel clinic about immunizations or medications.
Workcamp Forms and Documents
Call for Prayer and Devotion
EYN leaders in Nigeria believe prayer is one of the most important ways to support the Nigerian people and the Church.
Call to Fundraise
Are you planning an event at your church or another location to raise money for the Nigeria Crisis Fund? Let us know so we can help advertise or provide resources. Contact nigeriacrisis.org with the event details so we can share them too. You can also call Kendra Harbeck at (847) 429-4388 to see about scheduling a speaker from the Church of the Brethren.
Call to Give
It’s easy to give online. Donations by check can be made payable to “Church of the Brethren - Nigeria Crisis Fund” and mailed to:Church of the Brethren
1451 Dundee Ave
Elgin IL 60120.
The challenges in Nigeria are huge and few organizations are offering aid. Help the Chibok girls, the displaced, the children by supporting this response. You can make a difference.
Donations by check can be made payable to "Church of the Brethren - Nigeria Crisis Fund" and mailed to Church of the Brethren, 1451 Dundee Ave, Elgin IL 60120.
For the proposed budget, see the Nigeria Crisis Response