The May offering from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program at McPherson (Kan.) College will be “The Ministry of Jesus, Ubuntu and Cultural Competency for These Times” led by LaDonna Sanders Nkosi, director of Intercultural Ministries for the Church of the Brethren. The course will be held online in two evening sessions May 4 and May 11 at 6-8 p.m. – 8 p.m. (Central time).
The March offering from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program at McPherson (Kan.) College will be “Reformations Past and Present,” to be held online March 13 at 9 a.m. to 12 noon (Central time), presented by Bobbi Dykema.
The February offering from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program at McPherson (Kan.) College will be “The Gift of Multivocational Ministry.” The course presented by Dana Cassell will be offered online on Feb. 20 at 9 a.m. to 12 noon (Central time).
Stan Dueck, co-coordinator of the Discipleship Ministries of the Church of the Brethren, will lead the November course from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program hosted by McPherson (Kan.) College. The topic will be “Leading at the Speed of Change.” The class will be held online on Saturday, Nov. 21, at 9 a.m.-12 noon (Central
1) Brethren Volunteer Service makes statement supporting Black Lives Matter
2) Celebrating Juneteenth with news of Brethren actions, statements, and opportunities
3) Brethren Faith in Action Fund issues grants
4) Fellowship of Brethren Homes member communities share gratitude for grant
5) Fall reopening plans announced by Bethany Theological Seminary
6) Church World Service kit depots to re-open in mid-August
7) Jocelyn Siakula resigns as orientation coordinator for Brethren Volunteer Service
8) Denomination invited to gather online for worship and music on July 1 and 2
9) Bethany Seminary announces new courses
10) July Ventures course is on ‘Brethren in the Age of Pandemic’
11) Brethren bits: Personnel, Peacebuilding and Policy director signs letter to Congress calling for police reforms, BVS holds virtual celebration of volunteer houses, children’s video from Children’s Disaster Services, Elizabethtown’s “Drop the Needle” sermon series, Soybean Innovation Lab features article on EYN, and more