Beginning Friday, Oct. 14, an online art auction to support the Ukrainian crisis response, overseen by Brethren Disaster Ministries, will open and receive bids for 180 donated art items.
Over the past few years, the Office of Mission Advancement and the Finance Office of the Church of the Brethren have been reviewing the process of acknowledging and receipting gifts made in support of all of our Core Ministries and independently-funded ministries. (Learn more about our ministries at www.brethren.org/greatthings.)
1) Brethren Disaster Ministries responds to Hurricane Michael, other needs
2) Atlantic Northeast District rejects “Policy on Same-Sex Marriage”
3) On Earth Peace board meets, addresses anti-racism initiatives
4) Bethany welcomes nine new students this fall
5) Church of the Brethren seeks Mission Advancement Advocate
6) Mission and Ministry Board gathers for fall meeting
7) Brethren bits
The Church of the Brethren is seeking a Mission Advancement Advocate. Major responsibilities include strengthening and nurturing the individual and congregational stewardship, direct gift, planned-giving, and enlistment programs of the Church of the Brethren through face-to-face visits with individuals and congregations and individuals.