The Office of Ministry is seeking a part-time program manager for the Lilly Endowment, Inc.-funded program “Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church.” The program manager will work with an advisory committee to implement this new program initiative that addresses the practical needs of multivocational ministers in the Church of the Brethren.
Newsline Special for Oct. 26, 2018: Fall meeting of the Mission and Ministry Board
1) Denominational board holds Fall meeting, adopts 2019 budget, hears from SCN delegation
2) Thriving in Ministry Initiative
3) Church of the Brethren seeks director for Brethren Volunteer Service
Newsline for October 19, 2018
1) Brethren Disaster Ministries responds to Hurricane Michael, other needs
2) Atlantic Northeast District rejects “Policy on Same-Sex Marriage”
3) On Earth Peace board meets, addresses anti-racism initiatives
4) Bethany welcomes nine new students this fall
5) Church of the Brethren seeks Mission Advancement Advocate
6) Mission and Ministry Board gathers for fall meeting
7) Brethren bits
Church of the Brethren seeks Mission Advancement Advocate
The Church of the Brethren is seeking a Mission Advancement Advocate. Major responsibilities include strengthening and nurturing the individual and congregational stewardship, direct gift, planned-giving, and enlistment programs of the Church of the Brethren through face-to-face visits with individuals and congregations and individuals.
Church of the Brethren seeks Manager of Buildings and Grounds
The Church of the Brethren Inc. has announced an opening for Manager of Buildings and Grounds at the General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
Church of the Brethren seeks director of Brethren Volunteer Service
The Church of the Brethren is seeking an individual to fill the full-time salaried position of director of Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS).
Elmore retires as West Marva District executive
Kendal Elmore has announced his retirement as district executive minister of the Church of the Brethren West Marva District effective Aug. 31.
Newsline for Oct. 20, 2011
1. Board decides to cease operation of New Windsor Conference Center, gives provisional approval to Ministerial Leadership Paper, makes grant to Haiti earthquake response.
2. On Earth Peace releases statement of inclusion.
3. Religious leaders arrested in Rotunda in July have their day in court.
4. Peace Witness Ministries takes up food stamp challenge.
5. GFCF grants go to work in Honduras, Niger, Kenya, and Rwanda.
6. Tracy Stoddart Primozich to oversee admissions at seminary.
7. Workcamps are announced for 2012.
8. Brethren bits: Remembrance, personnel, jobs, anniversaries, more.
Newsline for June 30, 2011
News stories: 1) Conference business addresses issues related to sexuality, church ethics, climate change, decorum. 2) Ministries of reconciliation and listening will offer assistance at Annual Conference. 3) Church leader signs on to letters about Afghanistan, Medicaid budget. 4) Group is encouraging local CPS anniversary celebrations. 5) Disaster fund gives $30,000 to start Pulaski Country rebuilding project. 6) Hiroshima monument is dedicated to founder of friendship center. 7) Joan Daggett resigns from Shenandoah District leadership. 8) Jorge Rivera ends service as associate executive for Puerto Rico. 9) Pérez-Borges to serve as associate executive in Atlantic Southeast District. 10) BBT calls John McGough to serve as CFO. 11) Brethren bits: Personnel, job openings, college news, more.