The Office of Ministry is sponsoring a virtual version of the traditional in-person Clergywomen’s Annual Conference event in the form of a July 22 online “brunch” at 12 noon (Eastern time). Joelle Hathaway, assistant professor of theological studies at Bethany Theological Seminary, will speak on the theme “Poetry and the Spiritual Imagination.”
Following is the latest listing of upcoming courses offered by the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership, a collaboration between the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Ministry and Bethany Theological Seminary.
Alumni and friends are cordially invited to watch Bethany’s Academic Commencement Ceremony live online as we honor graduates from the classes of 2020 and 2021. This year’s ceremony will include the first students to earn certificates while studying in Nigeria.
“Join us for this informational and instructive seminar!” said an invitation to the annual Clergy Tax Seminar taking place as a virtual, online event on Jan. 16, 2021. Sponsors are the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership, the Church of the Brethren Office of Ministry, and Bethany Theological Seminary. The seminar is recommended for seminary and
The following English-language courses are offered by the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership, a joint program of the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Ministry and Bethany Theological Seminary. Courses may be taken for personal enrichment, for continuing education (two continuing education units per course are available to Church of the Brethren credentialed ministers), or
1) Brethren Volunteer Service makes statement supporting Black Lives Matter
2) Celebrating Juneteenth with news of Brethren actions, statements, and opportunities
3) Brethren Faith in Action Fund issues grants
4) Fellowship of Brethren Homes member communities share gratitude for grant
5) Fall reopening plans announced by Bethany Theological Seminary
6) Church World Service kit depots to re-open in mid-August
7) Jocelyn Siakula resigns as orientation coordinator for Brethren Volunteer Service
8) Denomination invited to gather online for worship and music on July 1 and 2
9) Bethany Seminary announces new courses
10) July Ventures course is on ‘Brethren in the Age of Pandemic’
11) Brethren bits: Personnel, Peacebuilding and Policy director signs letter to Congress calling for police reforms, BVS holds virtual celebration of volunteer houses, children’s video from Children’s Disaster Services, Elizabethtown’s “Drop the Needle” sermon series, Soybean Innovation Lab features article on EYN, and more
By Janet Ober Lambert The Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership celebrates 10 students who have completed their ministry training program this year. Four students will receive certificates from the Training in Ministry (TRIM) program. Six students will receive certificates from Seminario Bíblico Anabautista Hispano de la Iglesia de Los Hermanos (SeBAH-COB). These six represent the
“The Impact of COVID-19 on Pastoral Care” is a two-part webinar for pastors, chaplains, and other ministering people, offered by the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership. The presenter is Debbie Eisenbise, a pastor, spiritual director, and cofounder of Through the Threshold: End of Life Doula Services providing assistance in advance care planning and honoring death
n this issue: Brethren Village reports COVID-19 cases and deaths, Juniata professor develops new way to test for COVID-19, “New Yorker” piece on hospice care in China features Church of the Brethren worker, National Youth Sunday Idea Swap, Good News Youth Devotional, new online form to submit information for Messenger “Turning Points” pages, and more.
Events at all levels of the Church of the Brethren denomination have been changed, canceled, and/or postponed because of the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, from the Mission and Ministry Board to Bethany Seminary and the Brethren Academy to districts, congregations, and other groups. Here are some of those announcements: — The Mission and Ministry Board meeting location