Walt Wiltschek has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as part-time office coordinator for Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS), beginning on March 7. He continues as half-time district executive minister for Illinois and Wisconsin District, and also continues his role on the editorial team for Messenger magazine.
Wiltschek is a graduate of York College (Pa.) with a bachelor of science in Secondary Education/Mathematics; Northern Illinois University with a master’s degree in Communications/Journalism; and Lancaster (Pa.) Theological Seminary with a master of arts in Religion with a concentration in Education and Youth Ministry.
Prior to taking on the leadership of Illinois and Wisconsin District, he was the pastor at Easton (Md.) Church of the Brethren. He has worked previously on the denominational staff, serving as director of News Services and editor of Messenger from 2000 to 2010. He also has been campus pastor at Manchester University in North Manchester, Ind.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Centenary celebration in Jos prompts thoughts of the children as the future of EYN
- One of two kidnapped brothers miraculously escapes, prayer requested for abducted church members
- Mission and Ministry Board adopts statement on the Doctrine of Discovery
- Brethren bits for March 17, 2023
- Ministry Office offers events for equipping and renewal