Richard Wehrle has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as program manager for Thriving in Ministry, a program of the Office of Ministry, starting Sept. 5. He is pastor of Midland (Va.) Church of the Brethren.
In addition to serving as a pastor in Mid-Atlantic District and previously in Shenandoah District, he has worked as a truss design project manager for Alliance Structural Engineers of Reston, Va., for the past 13 years. He also has been homeless outreach coordinator for Serving our Neighbors of Manassas, Va.
Wehrle holds a master of divinity degree with an emphasis in inter-contextual biblical interpretation, and is working toward completing a master of arts in spiritual and social transformation with an emphasis in nonprofit leadership, both from Bethany Theological Seminary. He also has a degree from the Christian Growth Institute.
Find out more about the Thriving in Ministry initiative at www.brethren.org/news/2018/thriving-in-ministry. For more about the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Ministry, go to www.brethren.org/ministryoffice.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Remembering Belita Mitchell
- Fitzkee and Hollenberg head the ballot for the 2024 Annual Conference
- Mission Advancement shares matching gift opportunity
- Introducing ‘Shine Everywhere’
- Church of the Brethren general secretary one of more than 20 Christian leaders urging ceasefire in Israel and Palestine