By Zakariya Musa
Pray for the outcomes of the recent General Church Council of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), which started with a pre-Majalisa event on the 15 while the Majalisa proper began on May 16. All ministers, serving and retired, delegates, heads of programs and institutions, and observers converged at the EYN Headquarters at Kwarhi to take major decisions for the church.
Pray also for the families of those killed in north central Nigeria, where no fewer than 38 residents of the Takalafia and Gwanja communities in the Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State have been killed, reportedly by herdsmen who stormed the area. The Punch newspaper reported that pastor-in-charge of the Evangelical Church Winning All in the area, Daniel Danbeki, and 37 others were gruesomely murdered during the all-night attack.
Among those killed were displaced people who had left the refugee camp in Minawao, Cameroun, where thousands of displaced people have been living. They left to return to Nigeria in search of farm land.
It was reported that a mass burial was held for the victims of the attack, which included women and children.
— Zakariya Musa is head of EYN Media.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren bits for Sept. 29, 2023
- For a common spiritual cause: Prayer walk is sponsored by Virlina Peace Affairs Committee
- Mountville Church witnesses on gun violence
- Lynchburg church reaches out with ‘grieving service’ for a nearby death
- Manchester Church hosts the Sing Me Home Festival this Saturday, Sept. 30