By Walt Wiltschek
Representatives from 19 of the Church of the Brethren’s 24 districts gathered for the Council of District Executives (CODE) annual winter meeting in Florida on Jan. 7-11. The district executives were joined by Annual Conference officers and agency representatives for portions of the meeting.
Items of discussion included updates from districts, reports from committees, budget items, approving a group covenant of accountability for CODE, conversation on possible updates to the denomination’s ministry ethics guidelines, sharing with the Annual Conference “Breaking Down Barriers” study committee, and other planning. Worship and prayer were woven through the meetings.
Please pray… For those in leadership of the Church of the Brethren.
CODE will next meet for a continuing education event at Bethany Theological Seminary in Richmond, Ind., in late April, and then for its regular meeting at Annual Conference in July.
— Walt Wiltschek is district executive minister for the Church of the Brethren’s Illinois and Wisconsin District.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren bits for Sept. 29, 2023
- For a common spiritual cause: Prayer walk is sponsored by Virlina Peace Affairs Committee
- Mountville Church witnesses on gun violence
- Lynchburg church reaches out with ‘grieving service’ for a nearby death
- Manchester Church hosts the Sing Me Home Festival this Saturday, Sept. 30