Each year Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind., has a “mitten tree” to collect items of warmth for the local community. This year, the congregation had an abundance of donations: 177 items including hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, and socks. The donations were divided between three local charities. Each organization shared that the bags of donations would be gone quickly.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren study groups are invited to contribute to the Anabaptist Community Bible
- EYN president Joel S. Billi chosen as president of TEKAN ecumenical organization
- EYN Minister’s Council approves ordination of 74 pastors
- This book will change your life
- First GFI grants of the year support agricultural work and education in Africa and New Orleans