The Annual Conference office is calling for more volunteers to staff the silent auction taking place during the event in Cincinnati, Ohio, next week. The silent auction is sponsored by the Program and Arrangements Committee for the Conference.
The idea for the silent auction is to enhance the vitality and contribute to the Exhibit Hall with an opportunity to raise some additional funds. Two-thirds of the proceeds of the silent auction will support Brethren Disaster Ministries, with the remaining one-third to offset Annual Conference expenses.
Volunteers are needed to staff the auction, assist with receiving and staging auction items, register bidders, and identify and notify winners. Anyone interested in volunteering can sign up for a shift at www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0945AFA722A4FCCF8-annual.
Find out more about the silent auction at www.brethren.org/news/2023/silent-auction-at-annual-conference.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public