Carolyn Neher begins June 5 as associate director of Children’s Disaster Services (CDS), a program of Brethren Disaster Ministries. A CDS volunteer since 2014, Neher has been deployed to six disasters, has taken advanced training to be a project manager and a critical response childcare volunteer, and also is a volunteer trainer.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from McPherson (Kan.) College and a master of education degree in Early Childhood Leadership and Advocacy from National Louis University. She has extensive previous experience in early childhood education and currently works as a paraprofessional supporting children with autism in the school setting.
Neher and her family live in Lombard, Ill. She is a member of York Center Church of the Brethren.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public