By Loretta Wolf
Material Resource staff Scott Senseney and Jeffrey Brown loaded three 40-foot containers with a total of 1,120 bales of Lutheran World Relief Quilts, shipping them to the Republic of Georgia. The two men are on the staff of the Material Resources program based at warehouse facilities at the Brethren Service Center in New Windsor, Md.
Another 40-foot container filled with Lutheran World Relief quilts and kits left for Poland to assist the people of Ukraine. This was the second phase of supplies being shipped to Ukraine.
Three containers are being loaded this week and next week with Brothers Brother Foundation hospital supplies and equipment destined for Eswatini, Guatemala, and Haiti.
On the receiving side, two trailers from the states of Washington and Oregon were received at the Brethren Service Center containing new Lutheran World Relief donations. This was a normal Spring gathering of donations, and a welcome sight.
— Loretta Wolf is director of Material Resources for the Church of the Brethren. Find out more about the ministry of Material Resources at www.brethren.org/brethrenservicecenter.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- More than a dozen centenary events bring together thousands of EYN church members and guests in celebration
- EYN at 100: God in his faithfulness used the insurgency to propagate the gospel
- Brethren bits for April 1, 2023
- Centenary celebration in Jos prompts thoughts of the children as the future of EYN
- One of two kidnapped brothers miraculously escapes, prayer requested for abducted church members