For the past 29 years, the Church of the Brethren’s Pacific Southwest District has come to count on Joe Vecchio to answer the phones, send letters and emails, build databases and websites, and be a friendly and helpful presence as the district’s administrative assistant.
Vecchio has decided the time has come for him to move into retirement and to make plans for this next part of his life. An exact date for his retirement has not yet been set, but it will be by the end of 2022.
There will be an opportunity to thank him for his many years of service at the district conference in November.
The district will begin the search for a new staff person in May, with hopes of hiring an administrative assistant before the end of summer, and to have some time for crossover between Vecchio and the new staff. Contact district executive minister Russ Matteson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on the position.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren bits for Sept. 29, 2023
- For a common spiritual cause: Prayer walk is sponsored by Virlina Peace Affairs Committee
- Mountville Church witnesses on gun violence
- Lynchburg church reaches out with ‘grieving service’ for a nearby death
- Manchester Church hosts the Sing Me Home Festival this Saturday, Sept. 30