Dan McFadden has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as interim director of Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) on a part-time basis, beginning Feb. 21. His appointment follows the resignation of Emily Tyler as BVS director, effective Feb. 18 (see www.brethren.org/news/2022/emily-tyler-resigns-from-bvs).
McFadden served as the director of BVS for more than 20 years, from Dec. 1, 1995, to Nov. 2, 2018. He will continue his part‐time work as a therapist with Phoenix Family Center in Elgin, Ill., while serving in this interim role working from the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin.
For more about Brethren Volunteer Service, go to www.brethren.org/bvs.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Nathan Polzin hired to new executive director position for Discipleship and Leadership Formation
- Church of the Brethren study groups are invited to contribute to the Anabaptist Community Bible
- EYN president Joel S. Billi chosen as president of TEKAN ecumenical organization
- EYN Minister’s Council approves ordination of 74 pastors
- This book will change your life