Dan McFadden has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as interim director of Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) on a part-time basis, beginning Feb. 21. His appointment follows the resignation of Emily Tyler as BVS director, effective Feb. 18 (see www.brethren.org/news/2022/emily-tyler-resigns-from-bvs).
McFadden served as the director of BVS for more than 20 years, from Dec. 1, 1995, to Nov. 2, 2018. He will continue his part‐time work as a therapist with Phoenix Family Center in Elgin, Ill., while serving in this interim role working from the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin.
For more about Brethren Volunteer Service, go to www.brethren.org/bvs.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Standing with People of Color Committee begins its work
- Upcoming book studies from Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church
- ‘Simple gifts’ is the theme for this year’s Advent devotional from Brethren Press
- EYN development partners conduct workshop on ‘Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment’
- United Nations representative provides updates