Chidinma (Chidi) Chidoka has begun as a fellow at the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Peacebuilding and Policy in Washington, D.C.
Chidoka is a Nigeria trained lawyer looking to change careers as a peacebuilding and conflict resolution practitioner. She is a 2022 graduate of the International Peace and conflict resolution program of the School of International Service at the American University in D.C. Earliest influences came from her parents, who are both clergy, and that early influence convinced her that development can only happen in an environment where there is peace. Mediation came easily to her and that encouraged the trajectory of her career choices.
She had an exciting career as a lawyer and ran a thriving local NGO that sought to impact the lives of the less privileged at the grassroots. Chidoka is looking forward to engaging constructively in conversations that will influence policy and legislation affecting people whose lives are disrupted by conflict.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren study groups are invited to contribute to the Anabaptist Community Bible
- EYN president Joel S. Billi chosen as president of TEKAN ecumenical organization
- EYN Minister’s Council approves ordination of 74 pastors
- This book will change your life
- First GFI grants of the year support agricultural work and education in Africa and New Orleans