The Church of the Brethren’s Michigan District has called Byrl Shaver as quarter-time interim district executive minister beginning Jan. 1, 2023. He currently serves in a half-time position as pastor of Nappanee (Ind.) Church of the Brethren, a role he has held since 2008. He will continue pastoring the Nappanee congregation while serving in this new role.
Shaver holds degrees from the University of Pittsburgh and from United Theological Seminary, where he obtained a master of divinity. He was ordained in the Morrelville congregation in Western Pennsylvania District in 1993. His previous ministry settings include pastorates in Pacific Southwest District and Southern Ohio and Kentucky District, and chaplaincy at Pendleton Indiana Correctional Facility.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- EYN president Joel S. Billi chosen as president of TEKAN ecumenical organization
- This book will change your life
- First GFI grants of the year support agricultural work and education in Africa and New Orleans
- Annual Conference office sends letter to congregations about 2023 annual meeting
- EDF grants continue Nigeria Crisis Response, send aid to South Sudan