The Church of the Brethren’s Michigan District has called Byrl Shaver as quarter-time interim district executive minister beginning Jan. 1, 2023. He currently serves in a half-time position as pastor of Nappanee (Ind.) Church of the Brethren, a role he has held since 2008. He will continue pastoring the Nappanee congregation while serving in this new role.
Shaver holds degrees from the University of Pittsburgh and from United Theological Seminary, where he obtained a master of divinity. He was ordained in the Morrelville congregation in Western Pennsylvania District in 1993. His previous ministry settings include pastorates in Pacific Southwest District and Southern Ohio and Kentucky District, and chaplaincy at Pendleton Indiana Correctional Facility.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public