By Erika Clary, NYC 2022 coordinator
National Youth Conference (NYC) 2022 is less than a month away! We anxiously await our week together full of worship, reflection, and fellowship in Fort Collins, Colo., on July 23-28.
For our opening worship at NYC, we’d like each attending congregation to bring a rock or stone. The rock can be any size, as long as it can travel with the group on their method of transportation to Colorado and can be carried to the front of Moby Arena during worship.
Each group may decorate their rock or bring it as it is found. While decorating, the group might consider painting the rock NYC colors, signing each group member’s name, or adding the name of their congregation. Any appropriate decoration is welcome! This is a great way to prepare for NYC.
Each group will need to choose one person to bring the rock forward during worship. Once the group has chosen who will bring the rock forward, they should complete the following Google form by July 18 with that person’s contact information: https://forms.gle/7PECJq7HY4ATy3Zf7. That person will be sent more information about what to do during opening worship and how the rocks will fit in with the worship.
Questions? Please email Shawn Flory Replogle, who is one of the NYC worship coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Erika Clary is a Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) volunteer serving as coordinator for the 2022 National Youth Conference. Find out more about NYC 2022 at www.brethren.org/nyc.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public