By Jen Houser
The Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) at the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, Ill., is now open to researchers effective immediately. Please follow these guidelines as you plan to come to our facilities to do research:
— Please call the BHLA at 847-429-4368 (director), 847-429-4369 (intern), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to visit us. At this point, no walk-ins are allowed.
— Researchers are expected to wear a face mask always covering their mouth and nose in the building unless physical distancing is possible. Please respect others’ boundaries by wearing a face mask within 6 feet of other humans.
— If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you have tested positive for COVID-19, or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment for a later date, as you will not be allowed to enter the building.
We will continue to answer your research questions and other needs via phone, email, Facebook message, or letter as well.
— Jen Houser is director of the Brethren Historical Library and Archives. Find out more about the archives at www.brethren.org./bhla.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Standing with People of Color Committee begins its work
- Upcoming book studies from Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church
- ‘Simple gifts’ is the theme for this year’s Advent devotional from Brethren Press
- EYN development partners conduct workshop on ‘Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment’
- United Nations representative provides updates