Beth Martin begins Aug. 15 as marketing director for Eder Financial (formerly Brethren Benefit Trust). She brings a wide array of skills and experience to the position including a bachelor’s degree in English and writing from Slippery Rock University, and an upcoming master’s degree in marketing communications once she graduates from St. Bonaventure University in 2023. She has earned certificates from Cornell University in digital marketing, marketing analytics, and marketing strategy.
Martin has taught college courses for certificate and degree programs; developed, implemented, and marketed programs to prospective students and employers; and helped students prepare for future careers. While teaching, she wrote a textbook for Pearson Prentice-Hall and worked with Pearson’s marketing and sales teams to promote the book to colleges across the US. She has directed remote global teams to market products, services, and software programs, and has led presentations at national and regional events. She volunteers as a marketing advisor and consultant for the Ellwood City Area Public Library among other groups.
She and her family live in Beaver Falls, Pa., where they worship in the Evangelical Free Church tradition. She is a member of Pathway Church in Chippewa, Pa.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public