By Jenn Dorsch-Messler
Coming this October, Brethren Disaster Ministries will be offering a short-term rebuilding response to the 2021 Kentucky winter storms event. This three-week response will be in partnership with Fuller Center Disaster Rebuilders. Volunteers will be hosted at their housing facility in Madisonville, Ky., and will work in the surrounding communities of Bremen and Dawson Springs. According to their policy, youth need to be age 16 or older.
For more information or to apply, contact Kim Gingerich at email@example.com or 410-635-8730. RSVP requested by Aug. 21. Space is limited to 15 volunteers each week for the dates of Oct. 2-8 and Oct. 16-22.
More details and a flyer/poster can be found at www.brethren.org/bdm/rebuild/short-term-responses.
— Jenn Dorsch-Messler is director of Brethren Disaster Ministries. More information about Brethren Disaster Ministries is at www.brethren.org/bdm.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Bring rocks to National Youth Conference!
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter on Cuba, statement on Iran nuclear deal
- EYN women are freed after abductions, including two of the former schoolgirls from Chibok
- One church begot three in troubled northeastern Nigeria
- Andrew Hamilton to lead Southeastern District