Zechariah Houser has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as coordinator of short-term service for Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS), working from the General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
He is a licensed minister currently serving as part-time pastor at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind.
Houser is a graduate of Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, Pa., where he earned a bachelor of arts degree in Youth Ministry and a minor in Peace and Conflict Studies. He holds a master of divinity degree from Duke Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
He will begin his work with BVS on Aug. 9.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs joint letter from faith groups urging leaders to de-escalate tension, pursue peace in Ukraine
- Mission Advancement office makes change in gift acknowledgment and receipt process
- Church of the Brethren Benefit Trust announces two changes as it implements five strategic goals
- Pemi church burned in violent attack in northeastern Nigeria
- Two-part Ventures course to focus on ‘Peace, Violence, and Nonviolence’