The Church of the Brethren’s Western Plains District has named a transition team to serve during the period of securing interim leadership and pursuing the search process for hiring a new district executive minister.
In addition, the district’s Leadership Team has named Joanna Davidson Smith, Western Plains administrative assistant, as the district’s representative to the Council of District Executives while interim plans are being developed.
The transition team that will guide the process working in collaboration with the Office of Ministry includes:
— Gail Erisman Valeta, district moderator
— Sarah Mason, district moderator-elect
— John Hoffman, Outdoor Ministries Team co-chair
— Leslie Kendall, Communications Team chair
— Dave Smith, Stewards Team chair
— Ken Frantz, Leadership Team chair
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public