By Anna Lisa Gross
The Church of the Brethren Annual Conference office is co-sponsoring an online workshop with Womaen’s Caucus titled “From Nomination to Election,” on Tuesday, Oct. 5, at 8 p.m. (Eastern time).
Have you been nominated for an open position on the Annual Conference ballot? Have you nominated someone? (Or you’re at least thinking about it?) When Womaen’s Caucus learned that half of the people nominated never fill out their Nominee Information Form (and therefore are never considered for the ballot) we grieved all those gifted and faithful individuals who may have interest, may feel called, but found too many barriers. In conversation with representatives of the Nominating Committee, we have discovered that they also would like to better understand what barriers nominees are experiencing. Let’s work and pray together for a healthier and more diverse church!
In this session, you’ll hear from others who have been nominated, get tips on filling out those forms, and generate new ideas for this process. You’ll also find solidarity with others who know putting our hats in the ring can make us feel vulnerable! And we’ll share advice on encouraging others to follow through on Nominee Information Forms, so that our heartfelt nominations of others get to see the light of day.
Credentialed ministers may earn 0.1 continuing education units. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
— Anna Lisa Gross is a pastor from Beacon Heights Church of the Brethren in Fort Wayne, Ind., and an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Interfaith Prayer Service marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuation
- EDF grants support earthquake relief in Haiti
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter supporting Afghan refugees, urging humanitarian action by Biden administration
- Remembering Dale Brown, professor emeritus at Bethany Seminary and a leading theologian in the Church of the Brethren