By Kendra Flory
The February offering from the Ventures in Christian Discipleship program at McPherson (Kan.) College will be “The Gift of Multivocational Ministry.” The course presented by Dana Cassell will be offered online on Feb. 20 at 9 a.m. to 12 noon (Central time).
In the Church of the Brethren, more than three-quarters of congregations are served by multivocational (part-time) pastors. That statistic may sound discouraging, but multivocational ministry is actually a gift and grace, for both ministers and congregations. This course will highlight current realities, encouraging possibilities, and theological roots of shared ministry for today.
Cassell serves part-time as pastor of Peace Covenant Church of the Brethren in Durham, N.C., and part-time as manager of the “Part-Time Pastor; Full-Time Church” program in the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Ministry.
Continuing education credit is available to ministers for $10 per course. The registration process includes an opportunity to pay for CEUs and give an optional donation to the Ventures program. Go to www.mcpherson.edu/ventures.
— Kendra Flory is advancement assistant at McPherson College.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Budget parameter for 2022, priorities for denominational ministries top agenda for Mission and Ministry Board
- Newsline for June 18, 2021
- Brethren bits for June 18, 2021
- ‘We celebrate and give thanks to God’: NCC shares Juneteenth responsive reading
- Church of the Brethren congregations offer a variety of worship opportunities