Beth Sollenberger has announced her retirement as district executive minister of South Central Indiana District. She has served in leadership of the district for nearly 11 years, beginning on Feb. 1, 2011. She will conclude her ministry on Dec. 31.
She served as interim district executive for Michigan District during the year 2018, concurrently with her work for South Central Indiana District. Since January 2020, she was the district executive minister representative on the Michigan District Executive Interim Team.
During her years as a district executive, she has been a member of the Council of District Executives. She served on the Ministry Advisory Council, Ministry Issues Committee, and as council representative to the boards of On Earth Peace, Brethren Benefit Trust, and Bethany Theological Seminary. She was instrumental in organizing a Biblical Authority Conference for midwestern districts in 2018.
Prior to her service as a district executive minister, Sollenberger was employed on the Church of the Brethren denominational staff as director of Stewardship Education and then as Congregational Life Team coordinator for Area 2. She also has been a pastor for congregations in the districts of Atlantic Southeast, Southern Ohio and Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic, and Northern Indiana.
She was licensed and ordained by Everett (Pa.) Church of the Brethren and holds degrees from Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pa., and Bethany Theological Seminary.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public