The Church of the Brethren’s Pacific Southwest District is offering an online love feast service on Maundy Thursday, April 1, beginning at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific time). Those from around the denomination are welcome to join with others on the district’s YouTube channel as it premiers, or view it later as the service will remain on YouTube through Easter Sunday.
The service will be in both English and Spanish, with captions in the alternate language so that all may participate. Attendees are encouraged to prepare to participate in the service by having ready a bowl of water to touch during the footwashing, a simple snack for the symbolic meal, and bread and juice for communion.
The service includes musical pieces from the La Verne and Principe de Paz congregations, video images of footwashing, and leadership by pastors and youth from around the district.
The district’s YouTube Channel is at www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9v4N-GBE6UCUENoAylf_g. Those viewing at the premier will have the opportunity to chat with one another and share reflections during a few contemplative sharing times during the service.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- National Youth Conference registration begins, more presenters are announced
- COVID response plan is set in place for 2022 Annual Conference
- Kay Gaier and Anna Lisa Gross named to interim leadership of South/Central Indiana District
- Brethren Faith in Action round up for 2021
- EYN reports lives lost and churches and homes burned in Kautikari attack