The Church of the Brethren’s Pacific Southwest District is offering an online love feast service on Maundy Thursday, April 1, beginning at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific time). Those from around the denomination are welcome to join with others on the district’s YouTube channel as it premiers, or view it later as the service will remain on YouTube through Easter Sunday.
The service will be in both English and Spanish, with captions in the alternate language so that all may participate. Attendees are encouraged to prepare to participate in the service by having ready a bowl of water to touch during the footwashing, a simple snack for the symbolic meal, and bread and juice for communion.
The service includes musical pieces from the La Verne and Principe de Paz congregations, video images of footwashing, and leadership by pastors and youth from around the district.
The district’s YouTube Channel is at www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9v4N-GBE6UCUENoAylf_g. Those viewing at the premier will have the opportunity to chat with one another and share reflections during a few contemplative sharing times during the service.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public