An upcoming virtual conversation titled “Listening and Learning from Brethren Leaders of Asian-American Heritage” is sponsored by the Church of the Brethren Office of Ministry.
The event held through Zoom on May 5 at 7:30 p.m. (Eastern time) will focus on the current concern for the safety, needs, and valuing of Asian-American and Pacific Islander members of American society in light of recent instances of violence directed toward them.
The event will feature three Brethren leaders of Asian-American heritage.
Insights, experiences, and wisdom will be offered by Wendy McFadden, publisher of Brethren Press and Church of the Brethren communications; Madalyn Metzger, vice president of marketing at Everence Financial; and Lin Reish, associate research analyst at Healthline Media.
Dave Shetler, district executive minister of Southern Ohio and Kentucky District, will serve as host.
Ministers may receive .1 continuing education units.
Register in advance at:
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Oct. 22, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves 2022 budget for denominational ministries
- Brethren Disaster Ministries-built homes and the Church of the Brethren in Saut Mathurine
- National Youth Conference workshop form is live
- Brethren Benefit Trust announces open enrollment season for 2022 coverage